If you are heading out to the range, the items in your bag will vary depending on the type of shooting you are engaging in.However, there are a few essentials that I have in my bag so I can be prepared for when the opportunity for fun arrises!
Here are a few items I keep handy in my range bag:
- Targets: I like to use orange peel dual-color targets. They are vibrant, easy to stick and stand out against their background. What’s better is you can instantly see where you hit the target allowing you to adjust without having to walk up to the target to mark your hit.
- Range Finder: Keeping a range finder in your bag allows you to know the exact distance to your target. I especially love having a range finder on me when I am practicing drills or have multiple targets up.
- Ear protection: I typically keep two pairs in all of my bags. Ear buds and ear muffs. When shooting pistols I prefer to wear muffs, when shooting skeet or long range I prefer the buds as they allow me to get comfortable on the gun. Having an extra pair is also great incase a friend wants to join you at the range!
- Eye protection: I try to keep two pairs in my bag, as I love shooting with friends. I have several lenses to choose from. Therefore I can choose the best lenses for the lighting conditions.
- Cleaning Supplies: In case the need to field strip and clean my gun arrises, I keep a small cleaning kit in my range bag!
Nikki Boxler grew up on a large dairy farm in Western New York and continues to reside there today. This setting has shaped her love of the outdoors and is how she developed a passion which drives her to spend as much time hunting and fishing as possible. For her, hunting is not about the kill, it is about the experience, the memories, the moments and having fun. Her most memorable adventures take place not only in the woods but also around the grill. Nikki thoroughly enjoys her role as co-host of Winchester Life.